Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 8 Recap 01/09/12 (Updated 1/11/12)

Countdown: 28 days
I hadn't updated my body fat percentage on this screen shot, as I did not bring my Omron monitor.  I brought my calipers and took a measurement of 38mm, which is approx. 28.7%.  Will update tomorrow night with more information once home.

<Update 1/11/12>


Eight weeks officially done and extremely happy that this one was a good week since I was on vacation away from home, away from my gym, away from my routine.  It was difficult to stick to the routine, but with determination it is possible for all of us.  My weigh in this week was 250 lbs. and my belly is at 47".  It is the first time I have actually seen 249 on the scale, but this was after my workout and because I hadn't replinshed my water from working out, but still a good feeling.  This brings my to date totals of 15 lbs scale weight lost, consisting of 21 lbs of fat lost and gain of 6 lbs of lean mass.  My waist is down about 6".  This is all exciting news for me!  I've been a little frustrated with the Omron monitor and it's readings, but trying to make sure that I am doing this correctly and consistently to get the most accurate reading.

The workout week started tough.  I did my HIIT running cardio early Monday morning, but as the day went by and we finished packing and getting organized for my trip it became more apparent that I may not have the energy to get up early and get my workout in and did not want to use my vacation as an excuse.  So at 1130pm, off to the gym I went to get my lower body workout in and then finish up with a bike HIIT.  By the time I finished up it was into the next day, so I completed what needed to be done  for Tues.  Had my shake, went off to bed and started the vacation.  A hard lesson to learn was doing legs before taking a trip to the airport with the family, good additional workout with the burn feeling through the whole thing lol.  By the time we checked in and got settled in at Disney it was about 10pm and off to bed we went.  I couldn't update any of my blog because I was sharing my bed with a nosey little 3 yr old that needed to go to sleep lol...  I did ask about a fitness center, which my hotel did not have, but was informed that from my hotel to the guard gate was 1 mile and there is a jogging path.  Figured this would work and it did, but I didn't expect it to be 34 degrees out on Wednesday morning!  Yup, it was chilly and I was dressed for it, but boy that wind hitting my face was killer, made my eyes water, and all I kept thinking about was you can do this.  I did it alright, I couldn't judge speed, but had an idea so I completed my HIIT on walk, jog, run, all out run for my intervals.  It was not an easy task since I have been a treadmill runner for years now.  At one point I kept up with a few runners who had a good pace going, which made me feel good considering that they definitely weren't amateurs!  I think the last time I ran outside like this was football in high school, so make that over 20 yrs!  It was a great accomplishment for me, but I felt it in my feet, knees, and lower back, but no different than anything else I got over it.  In addition, walking all day Wed. in Disney was another workout in itself, as I had stroller duty most of the time for my 4 month old and also threw my 3 yr old up on my shoulders for most of the day.  Easy way to keep track of him that way.  By Thursday we were making the trek to visit famly in a small town, but since our day started late and we decided to do a big family dinner, the time crunch was on.  I was upset with myself, but by the time we got settled back at the house, it was 945pm and the gym closed at 1000pm.  I took my son with me and at least went to find the gym and get there to pay for my week.  I ended up taking Thurs as my rest day and moved everything a day later to finish out the week on Sunday.  This made me feel much better and the guilt went away.

My cheat day was Sunday and after sleeping in, getting to the gym, and helping getting the family together we started with a very late breakfast.  A corn hash egg skillet and biscuits and gravy were on the menu for me, along with a small portion of a cinimini roll.  My mother in law decided to make some good baby back BBQ ribs with potatoes and a salad, yummy hit the spot!  I filled in the rest of my meals with my shakes.  I ate so well today I had to force the last shake down.  My nutrition was on point, but was challenging at times at the restaurants, but you can read about this in my other post.

No comments:

Post a Comment