Thursday, January 26, 2012

Late night, but made it through

Countdown: 11 days

First off, I fixed my blog layout.  I found a table in a post that threw everything off and then I continued to make some changes (thanks VillageJen), hope y'all like it.

I did not make it to the gym this morning, didn't even try to make an attempt.  I stretched like crazy and googled even more stretches.  Helped a little but I just wanted to see if I could get this pinched nerve relaxed before I even attempted to hit the lower body workout today.  The day dragged on and the pain was still there.  I had to move or stand a certain way for my back to hurt like it did the last few days, but it seems to moved to my left hip area, leg, and foot.  Honestly I was pretty bummed and just worried that this could be the thing that keeps me out of the gym for a few days.  Before I knew it dinner was done, kids were in bed, and I started getting my things together.  Wife didn't seem to happy with me, I think she was a little nervous that I would aggravate this more and make it worse for me.  Believe it or not even as I was stretching I didn't think I would have a good workout.  As I was doing some lower back stretches, I seemed to relax myself  to the point where I didn't feel the pain anymore.  Weird, so weird...I even had a normal workout and had a few highs as well!  The pain had zero effect on my workout.  Doing abs, I decided that on my superset on the machine torso machine, I went ligher than normal as this motion seems to aggravate the area.  I may drop this exercise and replace with another.  I completed my 20 min low/moderate intensity cardio, supplemented with my protein and apple juice, waited my 60 minutes for my shake and now I'm beyond exhausted.  HIIT and additional cardio in the morning, good night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Glad to hear you could get through a workout with no pain. You must have worked something out.
    I have totally experienced that before so I know what you mean. Keep rocking it!

    -Jason

    My Transformation Challenge

    ReplyDelete